Aug 29, 2010

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game



 Now, before you start asking...

No, I have not seen the movie, yet. And believe me, I have been kicking myself for not doing so yet. No, I have also not read any of the comics. Yeah, I can already imagine the shocking appall emanating from many of you out there. In my defense, I haven't read or bought many comics lately. Not by choice, mind you.

But I have been playing the demo (because the ability to accumulate any form of income to buy the full version eludes me at the moment) of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game. And boy, I tell you, it really brings me back to the arcade-style beat-them-ups of the 90s -- tickling my nostalgia and love for retro 16-bit era of gaming. Playing much like every beat-them-up in the industry, it delivers from what you'd expect from the genre. There is one exception. The music. Is. Kick-ass! Techno-esque classic gaming music at it's finest, friends.



For those curious, you can download the demo from the X-Box Marketplace and the PSN Store, and the full game is roughly ten bucks. Totally worth it, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment